Want to see your airplane in the "Completions" section of KITPLANES®?
Here's How:What we need:
- A typed, double-spaced description (200 words maximum) of the project and the finished aircraft.
- A good color photograph (see photo requirements and tips below) of the aircraft that we may keep. Accepted formats include:
-- 3x5-inch or larger prints
-- 35 mm slides
-- digital images (see the guidelines for submitting digital images below)
- An indication of whether we may publish your address in case other builders would like to contact you.
- A daytime phone number where we can contact you with any questions.
How to get it to us:
- Snail Mail: Send everything to Completions, c/o KITPLANES, 203 Argonne Ave., Ste B105, Long Beach, CA 90803.
- E-mail: Send everything to email@example.com. Write "Completions" in the subject line, and remember to attach the digital photo.
Please follow these guidelines for submitting digital photos:
- Photo must be in .jpg, .gif or .eps format.
- Photo must be 300 dpi at a print size of 3x5 inches or larger. Lower resolution photos cannot be accepted.
Here are some elements that we think are necessary for a good photograph:
- Focus -- the main subject (your airplane) must be entirely in focus.
- Exposure -- don't send us a photo that's underexposed or overexposed -- we can't fix that here.
- Color -- make sure the photo's color is true to what the airplane looks like.
Here are some tips for making your airplane look good:
- Walk up to the airplane until it takes up the entire frame in your camera's viewfinder. Photos that are taken from 100 feet away diminish in quality when they're enlarged.
- Avoid people and/or objects that are not relevant to the photograph.
- Take your photos early in the morning or late in the afternoon. Avoid the middle of the day, when shadows tend to hide details.
- Make sure the background is acceptable and clear of objects that might degrade the photo.
IMPORTANT CUSTOMER SERVICE NOTICE TO KITPLANES SUBSCRIBERS:
All mailed correspondence, including subscription invoices, renewals, and gift notices, will bear our address:
PO BOX 8535
Big Sandy, TX 75755
Third parties claiming to be selling KITPLANES subscriptions are not legitimate.