Superior Air Parts, Inc., along with Aircraft Specialties Services, CamGuard, and RAM Aircraft will present a series of 18 free, 45-minute educational forums. The sessions will give aircraft owners and pilots real-world tips to increase the performance and life of their piston aircraft engines, while lowering the cost of ownership, operation and maintenance.
Superior’s vice president of product support, Bill Ross, who has been an FAA A&P for over 30 years and who also recently earned an FAA Inspector’s Authorization (IA), will host the series. Presenters include Steven Boggess, engine production manager, RAM Aircraft; Randy Bibb, sales manager, CamGuard; Ed Kollin, technical director, Aircraft Specialties Services; and Randy Harris, general manger, Aircraft Specialties Services.
“These sessions are not about theory or opinions,” Ross said. “What we are going to deliver is proven information that the other presenters and I have gained over our various careers. These are practices and tips pilots can use every time they fly.”
Forum sessions will be held daily at the Superior Air Parts tent (#257), which is just north of the Bendix/King Hangar B. Forum times are 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 12:30 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Here’s a complete schedule:
Monday 9:30 a.m.
- How we as pilots can make flying more affordable. Superior Air Parts.
Monday 11:00 a.m. and Friday 12:30 p.m.
- Engine health monitoring—fly with confidence. Aircraft Specialties Services.
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday 12:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 11:00 a.m.
- Maximizing engine longevity. RAM Aircraft.
Tuesday 11:00 a.m.
- Engine flight management for enhanced safety, reliability and efficiency. Superior Air Parts.
Thursday 9:30 a.m.
- Communicating with and choosing the right aviation mechanic. Superior Air Parts.
Wednesday 11:00 a.m. and Saturday 12:30 p.m.
- Compression testing aircraft engines and maximizing cylinder life.
Superior Air Parts.
Friday 9:30 a.m.
- Superior Air Parts’ complete engine options for kit builders. Superior Air Parts.
Tuesday 9:30 a.m., Wednesday 9:30 a.m., Thursday 12:30 p.m., and Saturday 9:30 a.m.
- CamGuard. Aircraft Specialties Services.
For more information and complete forum schedule, visit: