Sonex Aircraft announced the new Xenos B-Model aircraft kit. The Xenos-B combines all of the enhancements of the Sonex and Waiex B-Models with the outstanding motorglider performance and value of the Xenos. The Xenos-B is available to order now, with a Complete Airframe Kit base price of USD $27,495. Kit shipments are estimated to begin in March, 2017.
“We’re very excited to bring the huge improvements of the Sonex and Waiex B-Models to the Xenos motorglider,” writes Sonex Aircraft General Manager Mark Schaible. “This change has been requested by many prospective Xenos Motorglider customers and brings all of our two-place aircraft up to the same enhanced B-Model specification. B-Model fuselage changes for the Xenos also bring expanded payload opportunities to the Teros UAV program, which we are continually developing in-conjunction with Navmar Applied Sciences
Xenos B-Model enhancements include:
More Room and Comfort:
Sonex and Waiex B-Models are enlarged via straightening of the forward fuselage sides, and feature improved creature comforts:
- More width and comfort at the shoulders, hips, knees and feet.
- Seat back is moved aft, and new seating geometry accommodates taller individuals. Staggered seating is available via upholstery seat back cushions.
- Center Y-Stick offers dual controls with easier cockpit entry and roomier seating.
More Panel Space:
The enlarged B-Model instrument panel offers plenty of space for today’s popular dual-screen avionics installations (including the MGL iEFIS Explorer 8.5″ displays) with room to spare.
More Engine Options:
A new Universal Cowl is designed to fit many popular engine options. Builders can experience the same great firewall-forward support for AeroVee/AeroVee Turbo and Jabiru engines, and in addition, B-Model engine
mounts are available for UL Power and Rotax 912-series engines.
The new B-Model fuel tank holds 20 US gallons a 4-gallon increase over the original Xenos.
More Standard Features and Less Build Time:
Xenos B-Model kits come with more of what builders need to finish their aircraft in the shortest time possible:
- Machined Angle Components Included
- AeroBrake Hydraulic Brakes Included
- Dual Throttle Quadrants Included
- AeroConversions Trim System Included
- ABS Molded Cockpit Side Panels, Cable and Pushrod Fairings Included
- Precision-molded cowling is installed quickly and easily
- Engine mount bolts quickly and accurately to the airframe
- More laser-cut, formed and machined parts to reduce fabrication time and ease construction
- Machined Canopy Bows for easier canopy installation with a perfect fit
- Plus all the great features of existing Sonex Aircraft kits
The Same Xenos Flight Characteristics:
- Lightening the aircraft in key areas without sacrificing structural integrity gives the B-Model a very similar weight despite its larger size.
- Performance specifications are equal. Takeoff, climb, cruise, stall, landing: the specifications are the same between B-Models and the original generation aircraft.
- More engine options with 100 hp or more offers more options for enhanced performance with your B-Model.
The Xenos follows in the Monnett tradition of bringing the cost of motor gliding to a highly affordable level. Using the same cost-effective and easy-to-build construction techniques and materials of the Sonex and Waiex,
the Xenos offers another reality check for the soaring world. The Xenos comes standard with utility wing tips that can be easily removed to fit inside a 40-foot hangar, and can be quickly interchanged with optional aerobatic wingtips.
The Xenos can either be flown as a Sport Pilot/LSA, or it can be flown by pilots that hold a glider rating with a self-launch glider endorsement. The Xenos can be flown as a powered aircraft, a self-launched glider that soars
with the engine off, or it can motor-soar over great distances with incredible fuel economy.
For more information:
Sonex and Waiex B: www.sonexaircraft.com/b-model