German aircraft manufacturer ScaleWings Aircraft is launching shipments of a “Quick Build Kit” of the SW-51 Mustang, which the company calls “the world’s most accurate P-51 Mustang replica at 70% scale.” The Standard Kit includes all-carbon body parts, control elements, seats and electrically driven retractable landing gear.
A unique feature of the kit are the more than 100,000 details (rivets, screws, etc.) of the Original P-51 Mustang that are impressed into the carbon surfaces of the kit, creating the effect of a riveted aluminum structure.
The Standard Kit includes:
- Center Wing
- Outer Wings
- Control surfaces and system
- Electrical Retractable Landing Gear
- Seats (front and back, leather covers)
- Fuel System (two 13-gal. wing tanks)
Optional additional equipment:
- Firewall Forward Kit including Rotax 915iS and MT-4-blade-Propeller
- Avionics Kit including Dynon HDX or Garmin G3X
In the “Launch Edition,” standard kits are introduced at a starting price of EUR 119,000 (about $138,000). The Standard Kit and optional packages can be ordered now at the ScaleWings website. For more information, visit www.scalewings.com